Adult chamber music seminar
Our second annual Adult Chamber Music Seminar takes place May 13- 14, 2017, in New Haven, Connecticut.
Study masterworks of the chamber music repertoire with the world-class musicians of the Haven String Quartet! Join us for an exciting weekend of playing, concerts, camaraderie and musical growth as you receive daily coachings with Music Haven's Resident Quartet.
We will welcome you on Saturday morning...
where we will have a meet and greet with the musicians and other festival participants before we break off into coachings. Each group will get a chance to work with every member of the quartet as well as two guest coaches throughout the day. After a break for participants to get dinner, everyone will receive two tickets to the Haven String Quartet's final performance of the season, presenting Beethoven's epic String Quartet in C-Sharp Minor, Op. 131 at the Unitarian Society of New Haven.
The weekend will finish off with morning coachings on Sunday...
topped off by a showcase concert for all participants, friends and families. Coffee and lunch will be provided on both days; other meals and overnight accommodations are the responsibility of individual participants. (Recommendations on local accommodations and dining will be gladly supplied upon request — we can proudly boast that New Haven is a fabulous food city!)
Tuition for this action-packed weekend is $300 per person.
All proceeds from the Seminar will support Music Haven's award-winning programming, which includes free after-school lessons and instruments for 80 youth in New Haven's most under-served neighborhoods.
Schedule of Events
Saturday, May 13th, 2017
- 8:45-9:15am - Arrival and coffee (provided by Music Haven)
- 9:30-10:30am - Coaching No. 1
- 10:45-11:45am - Coaching No. 2
- 12-1pm - Lunch (provided by Music Haven)
- 1:15pm-2:15pm - Coaching No. 3
- 2:30pm - 3:30pm - Coaching No. 4
- - Break - (Dinner on your own)
- 7:30pm - Haven String Quartet Concert @ Unitarian Society
Sunday, May 14th, 2017
- 9-9:30am - Arrival and coffee (provided by Music Haven)
- 9:30am - 10:30am - Coaching No. 1
- 10:45 - 11:45am - Coaching No. 2
- 12pm - 1pm - Lunch (provided by Music Haven)
- 1pm-2pm - Seminar Showcase Concert
All levels are welcome! Preference will be given to pre-formed groups. Individual applicants are welcome, with the understanding that they will be organized into a group. Individual applicants are asked to submit a 5-minute placement video or recording — either of a recent solo you've worked on, or of you playing in a chamber group — to Resident Cellist Philip Boulanger.