Position: Operations Coordinator
Reports to: Director of Operations and Outreach
Location: New Haven, CT
The Operations Coordinator’s primary responsibility is ensuring organizational effectiveness by providing support in the organization’s financial and operational functions. This position reports to the Director of Operations and Outreach.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Financial – Bookkeeping, coordinating financial relationships with vendors and clients. Review financial statements and data. Utilize financial data to improve efficiency. Control inventory. Recommend effective strategies for the financial well-being of the organization.
- Billing and Invoicing – Completing invoices, tracking overdue invoices and paying invoices
- Purchasing – Overseeing inventory of instrument and supplies and ordering supplies as needed
- Communication - Monitor, manage and improve the efficiency of support services such as IT, monthly cleaning and contractors. Facilitate coordination and communication between support functions.
- Transportation – Coordinating transportation for students
- Events – secure venue and volunteers, complete certificate of insurance (COI), coordinate the reception
- Donations – Planning and coordinating food donations for events
- Day-to-day Operations – Other duties as assigned
- At least 3 years’ experience in financial and/or organizational management
- Commitment to social justice and Music Haven’s mission
- Excellent computer skills and proficient in Excel, Word, Quickbooks
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards in a diverse workplace
- Excels at operating in a fast pace, community environment
- Open to direction and collaborative work style and commitment to get the job done
Hours and Compensation
This is a 28 hour / week at $20/hour, with the opportunity for additional hours as needed. Hours and work arrangements are flexible, with most school holidays and vacations off, including up to 5 weeks in the summer.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For consideration, please submit the following items to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Personal statement of interest
- List of references